Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ribbon Wreath

A while ago I found this link showing how to weave one really long piece of ribbon into a cool looking wreath shape. It's amazingly easy, just make sure you have a lot of ribbon!  The video shows it being done to a much thinner piece of ribbon but I wanted to try it on my fave Baja Breeze and since I hoard all of it, I happened to have plenty to play with! I did also try it out on the 1/4" grosgrain ribbon as well as the satin ribbon. Overall the grosgrain was the easiest to manage, partly because of it's width but I also think the texture of the ribbon helped keep it together properly and not slide around too much. I don't recommend the satin ribbon, it was too slippery and wouldn't stay in place and when I took it apart it had creases in it which I can't stand in my satin ribbon. The great thing is that if you finish and decide that you don't like the way it looks, you can take it apart and can still use the ribbon for something else instead of it just being wasted.