Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

This is a frame I made for my cousin Rachel's baby shower last Saturday. She's having a girl....guess what her name will be?? lol. I was nervous about making something girly, we don't have many girls in the family so I'm used to making boy stuff. I was pretty happy with the way it turned out. It's amazing how you can start out with an idea & by the end it's totally morphed into something else. This picture doesn't do it justice, it's much prettier in person.

The frame was from Walmart, I love their inexpensive shadowbox frames, I just wish they came in more sizes/colors! The flowers were some old ones I was getting rid of, some kind of mulberry paper. They were off-white with black designs on them, I just sponged right on them. Background paper is Bermuda Bay Pattern DSP (see, I don't hoard everything!), I made the lattice with the SU die cut in Vintage Violet  (I wish they'd bring VV back!!) sponged around the edges of the lattice, and the letters are SU chipboard- the chipboard is awesome, super easy to use, I just sponged over them with Rose Red & then lightly brushed Frost White Shimmer Paint on them, they were too plain with just the sponging. The Shimmer Paint is the SHIT!! I love, love, love it. You will probably be seeing a lot more Shimmer Paint in the future, lol. To finish the frame off, I added two little quilled butterflies to the front. I loved quilled stuff, but I won't be attempting that hobby anytime soon, I don't know if I have the patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment