Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

For though we slepe or wake, or rome, or ryde, Ay fleeth the tyme. –c.1390 Chaucer Clerk's Tale

My little baby boy started high school today, my how time flies!! When I asked him to let me take a pic of him for his 1st day of high school, this was the pose he gave, lol. The little boy who used to say he wanted to be a comedian when he grew up so he could make people laugh is becoming a man. He's still quite a comedian, but now has aspirations of going into the military after high school. If laughter heals the soul, I think he will be a very valuable soldier, in more ways than one. I can look back and list the times I made perfect decisions as a parent, I can also look back and list the times I haven't. The fact that I have a really awesome person for a child is a sprinkle of good parenting, and a dump truck full of luck!! I sure do feel lucky. Even at his worst, Alec is the best thing that has ever happened to me and ever will.

In honor of my sappy side, and the fact that this is my blog to do with whatever I wish and you can't do anything about it (na na na na boo boo), I'm adding a link to a song that's been mine and Alec's song since I can remember....

Brandy and Alec's Song