Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Airman's Creed

I made this card for my friend Dean who left for Air Force boot camp last week. The Air Force symbol is printed on white cardstock and The Airman's Creed is printed on vellum upside down so that the printing is underneath to protect it from getting smeared when people touched it. This is the first time I've printed something so small and detailed on vellum so I wanted to be careful until I knew what it could handle.


The Airman's Creed
I'm an American Airman.
I am a Warrior.
I have answered my nation's call.
I'm an American Airman.
My mission is to fly, fight, and win.
I am faithful to a proud heritage,
a tradition of honor,
and a legacy of valor.
I'm an American Airman,
Guardian of freedom and justice,
My nation's sword and shield,
Its sentry and avenger.
I defend my country with my life.
I'm an American Airman:
Wingman, Leader, Warrior.
I will never leave an Airman behind.
I will never falter,
and I will not fail.

Dean is also the brave soul who stayed at my house for 5 days and took care of my animals while I was on vacation this past summer. That was the first time I've left my dogs for that long and I was so nervous!! I am so thankful to him for taking such good care of those that are so important to me. I wouldn't have been able to even enjoy my vacation if it weren't for him!

Congratulations Dean, on your exciting future as an United States Air Force Airman!